1895 Whidden and Lewis Architecture. A Queen Anne Southern Belle on King’s Hill Historic District. The Grand MacMaster House is truly a piece of Portland’s History with an unspoiled first floor plan and many fixtures and features remaining intact. The Gone with the Wind 44’ x 12’ broad porch is sheltered behind heritage rhododendrons that bloom royal purple in the spring.
Architect William Church in Portland Heights. 1974 Custom Pacific NW Contemporary. A home cleverly designed to bring the outdoors in, capture the views of nature and Mount Hood, and maximize exposure to natural southern light. It was designed to provide private spaces while the living room, dining room and kitchen flow with ease one to the other.
1930 Spanish Mission Revival Willamette Heights Home. Designed by Elmer. H. Roedel. Roedel, owner of a Portland Company, Roedel Tile, built the home for his private use. The romantic architectural designs incorporate the extensive use of decorative floor, wall and roof tiles with wrought iron, archways, leaded glass and rough hewn plaster walls.
Hand Painted/Nature Inspired – C.J. Hurley Home. Laurelhurst Living in 1913 American Arts and Crafts Style. Step into the personal residence of Arts and Crafts designers/artists Barbara Pierce and CJ Hurley, owners of an historic preservation and fine arts business. The inspiration for their restoration and interior of this 1913 foursquare style home was drawn from the Laurelhurst neighborhood, The City of Roses, and the surrounding Willamette Valley.
Overlook Renovated 1908 Craftsman. A Designer’s Personal Home. This Western Stick style Craftsman in the Overlook neighborhood has been lovingly renovated by the artisan owners for their personal residence. The home is infused with the fine arts of classic European architecture: tinted Venetian plaster walls, rose-themed stained glass…
A Whidden and Lewis 1904 Colonial Revival. The historic Isam White House is one of the remaining grand house and is a showpiece in the fashionable Nob Hill/ Historic Alphabet District at 20th and Everett. No expense was spared: classical columns, piers, mahogany, pilasters, door and window frames, mantelpieces, wall paneling and cabinetry is characteristic of the architectural firm’s finest work.
1966 Restored mid-century on Sauvie Island. Architect Leon Trice, Paul Steiner Otis Construction & Designer Ron Wagner. Completely restored in 2003, this auspicious design team collaborated with the owners and what resulted is a seamless blend of old world charm and modern conveniences.
Architect Francis Brown. California Bungalow Situated Between Laurelhurst and Mount Tabor. When Wilbur Pelton Reid, the son of a prosperous lumber baron, and his new wife Evelyn spent their honeymoon in Southern California, they fell in love with the California-style craftsman bungalows.
Architect Ned Vaivoda. Old Nob Hill – Quiet and Private Street. Located on a quiet cul de sac at the base of the West Hills, this custom home was designed and built by the owner/architect Ned Vaivoda as a personal residence. The use of seamless aluminum panels, commercial-grade floor-to- ceiling windows, and brick masonry created harmonious volumes of light filled living spaces with a very open plan.
1888 William Brainard Italianiate Villa. Mt. Tabor’s Grand Dame. Steamship Captain William Brainard retired and built his romantic villa at Mount Tabors and developed a successful fruit and vegetable farm on its fertile slopes. She still sits on an elevated 100 x 100 corner lot with views of gardens, downtown and sunsets and is a National Historic Register Landmark property.